Under the Pakistan Legal Practitioners & Bar Councils Rules, 1976 a law graduate desirous of seeking enrolment as an Advocate to practice law, is required to pass an Assessment Test, for being eligible to apply to a Bar Council for that purpose.
The Pakistan Bar Council (PBC) has, therefore, assigned National Testing Service (NTS™) the responsibility to conduct Law Graduate Assessment Test (LAW-GAT™).
Persons having passed LL.B (final year) examination from a University recognized by Pakistan Bar Council, with minimum Seventeen years Education, are eligible to apply for (LAW-GAT™).
Other Terms and Conditions
- Only LAW Graduates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates are required to submit LL.B degree with copies of detailed transcript/marks certificates of 1st, 2nd and 3rd years LL.B examination. In case LL.B degree has not been issued the candidate may submit detailed transcript marks certificate of LL.B (final year) examination.
- Candidates have maximum of three chances to clear the test, NTS™ conducts the test thrice in a year.
- Students awaiting result are not eligible to apply.
- 50% score is required to qualify the assessment test.
- Candidates will have to meet other criteria, if any, as per rules and regulations of the Pakistan Bar Council.